Monday, February 15, 2010

February's girls dinner Out...Barefoot Contessa Recipes

For over two year a bunch of girls have been meeting for dinner. When we started this gathering we all were not close friends. But, as time has gone by it has become a date to look forward to with great friends. I now consider all these gals great friends.

These are the rules that we have setup for our monthly dinner
1. It is the second Tuesday of every month
2. A hostess gets to choose the dinner theme, she is to prepare the main dish and drinks
3. The hostess with email the other girls asking for supporting dishes-such as vegetable, salad, bread, and appetizers
4. The next hostess is always named before the nights end

These are some very simple rules, and it really gets us out of the house. We are all busy women and cooking can get old. Just think, if you are just cooking one spectacular dish-it makes dinner a whole lot easier.

We started a blog, 2nd Tuesday dinner, but the girls are not bloggers, so therefore nobody was posting. I love my dinner club, so I will take the lead and post all about it. If you are interested in any recipe, just contact me and I will get it.

This month was the Barefoot Contessa recipes and it was at my house. I was going to make here Chicken Salad and to drink Coppola Wines. Here are some great pictures!



Marci made a wild mushroom risotto. It was yummy if you like mushrooms.




Julie made a roasted pear dish with blue cheese salad. This was so wonderful, I love blue cheese!



Judith made a bow-tie pasta dish with garlic and broccoli, Denise made a butternut squash and apple soup, & Jessica made a spinach appetizer. All of which I never took pictures of, silly me!

And last....the coconut cake by Mary. It was spectacular!



Everything was delicious.....Next month Irish Theme.

10 comments:

  1. Jennifer ~

    All I can say is YUM! Everything looks and sounds so delicious. What a great idea. Thanks for taking us along.

    Lisa
    Pale Pink And Roses
    http://www.palepinkandroses.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer, Wow the dinner looks great and the cake is to die for! I have a group of girls that we get together about every 6 weeks and I love it! Girl friend time is the absolute best! Keep us posted on the Irish theme. That sounds fun. Happy Creating, gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I wish I could of been there to share all of that good food with me. You just got me hungry now for something really good. Thanks for sharing. I clicked on your site to follow you. Kath'

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea, my mouth is watering already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am drooling. Where do you guys live? :O)
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG am I hungry now! How could you do this to me? I want to be you!!!!
    Hugs, Tedi
    www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! Everything looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing!

    Shannon
    Shabby Shan's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. DANG! I'm coming to your house to eat! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog on my SITS Day. And what a great day it was! When you have a moment, pop back over. I don't do many giveaways, but I have a cool one going now on a great kids book. TTFN! http://www.franticmommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so good my mouth is watering. Beautiful pictures too, Char

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! just stumbled upon ur blog thru SITS....
    Two things we have in common - food and vintage.. I adore vintage crafts and clothings...
    Hope you could visit my site and read some of my articles regarding vintage things, like photography, etc... and of course... food....

    ReplyDelete