Friday, January 8, 2010

I was beginning to hate the snow


It has been so cold the last couple of weeks, and I don't think it is ever going to stop snowing. I miss the sun, it seems to always be grey here in Western New York.
Here is my list of why I hate the snow
1. My driveway is a mess, or what is left of it
2. It takes me 15-20 minutes to get out the door with the girls
3. My hair is always flat
4. I cannot even clean up the dog poop, because I can't see the dog. I will find a lovely mess in the Spring
5. I got stuck in the driveway this morning. The snow is so deep I couldn't even open my car door. It is always a treat to climb out the window, only to return to that wet seat later.
6. There is a permanent puddle of slush in my kitchen
7. The cats won't go outside, so they must use their litter boxes, yuck!
8. The snow is so deep in our driveway I cannot even see any neighbors
9. I always have wet socks
10. I gave up shoveling my front door, just use the back one! I am just too lazy.

BUT, last night something magical happened. It was snowing, AGAIN, and I took the dog out at 11 pm. The snow was so fine, that it looked like fairies were sprinkling glitter all over my yard. It was magical. I grabbed my camera to see if I could some how capture the beauty. The pictures still do not give it justice. I actually felt like I was in a fantasy world. So, for a brief moment I actually enjoyed the snow. That all ended when I woke up and got stuck in the driveway. Sometimes it is just nice to stop and appreciate what we dislike so much. I did choose to live in Western New York

Jennifer

15 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday Sharefest Sitsta!
    We have a TON of snow here! I can't wait for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart cats. I live on a busy street so I am always on litter detail.
    Your snow pics are lovely.
    Happy PS
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    January Charmed bracelet giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no....

    I'm moving to CT from Los Angeles next month. I'm scared, but I'd like to see the fairies!

    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow is a pain in the ass when you have anything that needs doing, but when you can stop and just enjoy it it is, as you say, quite magical!

    Stopping by from SITS xXx

    P.s. I love, love LOVE your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only like snow when I don't have to leave the house! The chaos it ensues makes me shutter.

    ...stopping by from SITS...

    Steph @ A Grande Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't get snow often, so when we do, although I love how it looks, I don't like it either. People around here go crazy and act irrational! That is why I don't like it.

    Just stopping by from SITS! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Saturday! Stopping by from SITS!!!

    I love snow! Sorry you've had so much you aren't enjoying it :(

    Paloma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we have a foot of snow here, and I live in the south, where it is not supposed to be this cold and snowy! beautiful pics!
    dropping by from SITS, have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, your list made me laugh, espially the can't SEE the dog part. And you really had to climb out your car window?!!!


    I live in Southern Ma now and we get a wee less snow than we used to when we lived in central ma. but not enough to mess with our lives to a huge degree. I hate the wet mudroom floors, having to layer the kids, static-y hair, chapped, dry skin but I love the snow. It 's the cold I despise. ;) I keep saying I want to move South but I hate humidity and bugs. San Diego sounds perfect weatheer wise- but I can live without ever having experienced an earthquake. lol.


    Anyways good point about the appreciating- I CAN see a little sparkle in your pic- I'm sure it was BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a snowlover...but then I am a SAHM so I do not have to leave too often. As long as I do not have to drive in it..I am like a kid when it snows! (from indoors though!)

    I am sorry to read you have been so sick ( on your STIS comment) I am happy to hear that you have been restored to better health!

    mindy~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't let it fool you. It is still snow and will still make everything messy!

    I loathe the snow.

    Really. I cannot wait til May! That's when it usually stops snowing around here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Fairies sprinkling glitter" - that description is lovely. I have never lived in the snow, so I do not know the joy or trouble of it.
    Holly
    504 Main
    Hip Weddings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes life just keeps us from looking around and enjoying the beauty of nature. But I totally hear you about when the snow just gets overwhelming. Just remember, in three months, this will all be just a memory.

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to live in upstate NY. I do miss the snow--maybe not right now when nature has chosen to pull a real big one--but the winter was always winter to me with the coming of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. I just had to come over and visit yours. So glad I did. You mad me chuckle with your snow post We, here in Seattle,got HAMMERED last year and your comment about the dog poop made me laugh out loud. We have a pom and my husband would shovel a little path for him to go poop but we couldn't even see him. After a while he refused to go out there, the dog that is not my husband, and he we ended up eith dog poopie right outside our back door. UGH!
    Hang in there girlfriend, it does eventually melt!
    Hugs,
    Amada

    ReplyDelete