Friday, January 8, 2010
I was beginning to hate the snow
It has been so cold the last couple of weeks, and I don't think it is ever going to stop snowing. I miss the sun, it seems to always be grey here in Western New York.
Here is my list of why I hate the snow
1. My driveway is a mess, or what is left of it
2. It takes me 15-20 minutes to get out the door with the girls
3. My hair is always flat
4. I cannot even clean up the dog poop, because I can't see the dog. I will find a lovely mess in the Spring
5. I got stuck in the driveway this morning. The snow is so deep I couldn't even open my car door. It is always a treat to climb out the window, only to return to that wet seat later.
6. There is a permanent puddle of slush in my kitchen
7. The cats won't go outside, so they must use their litter boxes, yuck!
8. The snow is so deep in our driveway I cannot even see any neighbors
9. I always have wet socks
10. I gave up shoveling my front door, just use the back one! I am just too lazy.
BUT, last night something magical happened. It was snowing, AGAIN, and I took the dog out at 11 pm. The snow was so fine, that it looked like fairies were sprinkling glitter all over my yard. It was magical. I grabbed my camera to see if I could some how capture the beauty. The pictures still do not give it justice. I actually felt like I was in a fantasy world. So, for a brief moment I actually enjoyed the snow. That all ended when I woke up and got stuck in the driveway. Sometimes it is just nice to stop and appreciate what we dislike so much. I did choose to live in Western New York